Today has been a perfect fall day. Alayna and Carson played outside in the leaves for hours. The thought of how it is supposed to snow next week and how it might be the last 60-degree day for a while made me enjoy it even more. While I was sitting on the front porch step watching them play, I thought of so many things that I love about this time of year...
-The crunch of the leaves under my feet
-How Mom used to drive through the leaves on main street when dropping us off for school,
-The first smell of wood-burning stoves
-Alayna dumping crunched leaves out of her boots and all over the floor
-The shadows being long, and it always feeling like morning or evening
-The crispness of every sound
-Carson eating leaves like crunchy potato chips
-Cozy sweaters
-Christmas music (I know...)
-Anticipation of the holidays
-Getting wood in the mountains
-Pumpkins
-Cinnamon
-Dad saying that we're headed for spring
-A big bright moon
-Fiery red leaves in the mountains
-Watching the leaves change day to day on a specific tree
-Smashed fallen fruit on the sidewalk
-Soup
-Fresh chilly mornings
-Cool breezes
-Crackling trees
-Other peoples decorations
-Peaceful and quiet
-Lots to look forward to
There are so many things I love; I could go on and on with this list. It just makes me think about how much Heavenly Father blesses us and all of His "tender mercies". There are so many things we can find joy in in an ever-changing world. It is just like the seasons, summer is wonderful and we hate to see it go and try to make it last as long as possible, but there is always something great in store for us ahead. Even though it will be different and we many not be ready for it, it will be equally as wonderful and bless us with just as much joy.
I should also add runny noses to that list. Poor Carson is getting some teeth and I could hardly get him to smile all day. Here are some pictures of Alayna and Carson playing today. They are my biggest blessings no matter what season it is... They had so much fun.

-The crunch of the leaves under my feet
-How Mom used to drive through the leaves on main street when dropping us off for school,
-The first smell of wood-burning stoves
-Alayna dumping crunched leaves out of her boots and all over the floor
-The shadows being long, and it always feeling like morning or evening
-The crispness of every sound
-Carson eating leaves like crunchy potato chips
-Cozy sweaters
-Christmas music (I know...)
-Anticipation of the holidays
-Getting wood in the mountains
-Pumpkins
-Cinnamon
-Dad saying that we're headed for spring
-A big bright moon
-Fiery red leaves in the mountains
-Watching the leaves change day to day on a specific tree
-Smashed fallen fruit on the sidewalk
-Soup
-Fresh chilly mornings
-Cool breezes
-Crackling trees
-Other peoples decorations
-Peaceful and quiet
-Lots to look forward to
There are so many things I love; I could go on and on with this list. It just makes me think about how much Heavenly Father blesses us and all of His "tender mercies". There are so many things we can find joy in in an ever-changing world. It is just like the seasons, summer is wonderful and we hate to see it go and try to make it last as long as possible, but there is always something great in store for us ahead. Even though it will be different and we many not be ready for it, it will be equally as wonderful and bless us with just as much joy.
I should also add runny noses to that list. Poor Carson is getting some teeth and I could hardly get him to smile all day. Here are some pictures of Alayna and Carson playing today. They are my biggest blessings no matter what season it is... They had so much fun.

Oh I love that list Hilary! I keep thinking about those same things lately! You are such a strong person and are always so positive! How do you do it? I love the pictures of your adorable kids, it makes me kind of homesick this time of year! Sure do love ya!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post, Hilary! I love all of those things about fall --the real autumn time - not the kind we have here. It makes me really homesick to read it. I appreciate your analogy on life and seasons. It's so true. Your positive outlook makes me want to strive harder to find the blessings around me. I know that Heavenly Father will continue to bless you and help you through to the next season. Love you!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pictures! It's finally starting to feel and look like fall around here and I love it. I agree with Erin and Alyssa. You're a rock, and I know this season will pass.
ReplyDelete